It’s been a while since my last entry. Things have really changed since then. For instance, I will list them (lol, though they may not be in order).
- Now, I write travel articles for Trip101.
- I was talking to a friend of mine; and, after much talk, I asked to be a Contributing Editor for her Charity Publisher, Rock & Roll Saved My Soul. “Everyday Miracles” is a new anthology from other writers of poetry and short stories; I also contributed a piece. It should be published by the end of this month. I was so excited about editing and reading all these stories and poems. It was truly an honor.
- My first book of poetry will be coming out next month!! A lot of people have been asking and pushing for me to do a book of my own poetry, so it’s right around the corner.
- I’m hoping to launch my own editorial and other services provided business in September!!!
- I have bought a few manuals and references to pursue my career as a Copy Editor. I still have a few more books to get, and I will get them very soon.
- I am taking some courses for certification or a certificate as a Copy Editor; hopefully, I will start those soon too.
- I will become a member of ACES (American Copy Editor Society) and a couple of more organizations to make it official.
- I have much more stuff to share, but that will have to be for another time.
The ball really rolled! I’m so happy and thankful because I’m pressing and pushing toward the mark. I want a careeer, not a job! I almost forgot how it was. I almost gave up hope; I was just about to “settle.” But NO! I want what I want. Most people spend their lives settling because they don’t believe and maybe it’s too hard to achieve what they really want. Late on, it leads to regret.
Not me! I’m investing in self. I’m taking steps that are necessary to get me to the next level. It’s a process; and I’m learning that it can’t be rushed. I just have to enjoy the journey while trying to reach the destination.
Sorry about the short entry. My writing career is taking off along with my becoming a business woman. Who knew that both would keep me so busy. I’m not complaining at all. I’m simply happy that the paced quicken a bit. Though I’m struggling a little to keep up, I know one thing is certain: I’m Not Stopping! I’m not turning back. It’s forward and up all the way!